Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: The Slice Safety Cutter




The Slice Safety Cutter is a small versatile cutter with a tiny ceramic blade near the tip.  I was sent one to review, so naturally, as a coupon clipper, I tested the Safety Cutter by cutting coupons with it.  The Slice Safety Cutter sells for $5.99 on the Slice Product website


The Safety Cutter specifications as listed on the Slice website:

  1. -Ceramic blade lasts longer than steel
    - Stays sharp and never rusts
    - Built-in magnet and key-ring hole
    - Rubberized non-slip finish
    - Finger-Friendly™ Design
    - For left- and right-handers
  

Personal Review:
The Safety Cutter is small and very easy to store whether in a coupon binder, your pocket or stuck to the fridge with the internal magnet.  The Safety Cutter is the size of just one handle of the scissors I usually keep in my coupon binder.  
At a glance, I almost could not find the blade.  The ceramic blade is so tiny and barely sticks out of the plastic.  With an infant in the house, this is great.  I can shove the blade against my finger and it does not poke through.  However, if I hold it down and slide it across my skin, it will probably slice my skin but not very deep (I’m not testing that though!) 
The specifications list that the cutter has a rubberized non-slip finish.  It does feel slightly rubberized but not as much as some things that I have used.  When cutting coupons, I did not experience any slipping.
After cutting a few coupons, I noticed that no matter whether it was on computer paper or it was magazine paper or newspaper, there was a jagged edge where the Safety Cutter cut. To cut tape or plastic to open a package, this cutter would be great, but it is not my choice for coupon clipping.  
One of the specifications is that it is useable for left or right handers.  Being left handed, I know that most scissors and cutters do fit that description so that does not strike me as impressive. 
I will be continuing to use my scissors exclusively for coupon clipping, but this cutter will still be useful around the house and easily storable by sticking it to the fridge with its magnetization.  

Visit the Slice Products website to view this product and others. 





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments: