Wednesday, September 14, 2011
6:13 PM | Posted by Danielle Fouts | | Edit Post
National Bio+Green Sciences asked me to do a review of their Bio+Green Crystals cleaner. I tried both their All Purpose Cleaner and the Fruit and Vegetable Wash.
First came preparation. The Bio+Green products are nicely packaged as small sachets of crystals that can be put directly into a 32oz spray bottle full of water. The package dissolves and the crystals mix in with the water when you shake it, creating the end product.
I happened to have done some housekeeping and did not have many dirty areas to test the strength of the All Purpose Cleaner, so I decided to make a little mess of my own. I sprayed oils onto the counters, poured wet salt on top, and drizzled sticky caramel topping across the surface. After letting the mess set in for a while, I tried wiping the mess up with only a paper towel. Most of it came up, but the counter was left oily and sticky, with the occasional stuck-on salt chunk. I sprayed a bit of the Bio+Green All Purpose Cleaner on half of it and the big-brand cleaner I typically use at home on the other half, then wiped the counter clean. I repeated the process on some baby formula that had stuck itself to the counter for dear life.
The All Purpose Cleaner got the oil and sticky residue off equally as well as the big-brand (and non-natural) cleaner I used next to it. The major differences were that the Bio+Green product did not have the strong "cleaner" smell, instead smelling just slightly of spearmint. Also, as with castile soaps, the counter dried faster after use and no film was left behind at all. It was also able to get the baby formula powder off almost instantly.
The cleaner also works well with all surfaces - I used it on wood, stainless steel, vinyl, porcelain and a window, all of which look great. The natural ingredients in the cleaner did not damage any of it, and worked better than the big-brand on the stainless steel toaster, on which the big-brand left a rainbow-like effect and residue while the Bio+Green left none. The only area in which the big-brand outperformed was burnt-on residue on the stovetop, and even the big-brand had to sit on the mess for half an hour before it would come up.
The Fruit and Vegetable wash was used on my newly purchased apples, strawberries and, for fun, a watermelon. I don't have a fruit and veggie wash at home, so no comparison could be made. However, I found the wash to leave no smell or taste on the apples or strawberries, leaving them clean looking without the waxy coating that was on them from the grocer. The watermelon took a bit of work, but came out shiny and green enough that nobody would pass it up in the store.
The Bio+Green products left no residue and performed just as well as big-brands which contain potentially hazardous chemicals. The Bio+Green cleaners are all-natural and even the sachets dissolve and leave no waste or mess. A company could stockpile these to save space and never have to worry about running out of cleaners. With a 3 month old baby in the house who is starting to pull anything and everything into his mouth, a good, non-toxic cleaner that actually WORKS seems a blessing, and I intend to get more of the cleaner for use on his toys and everything else he chews on (thankfully the dogs don't chew, just the baby!).
The sachet takes a while to dissolve (15 minutes while I shook it), and while the sachets take up little space, you are limited by the number of spray bottles you have on hand. I have only one bottle, so in order to prepare and use the Fruit and Vegetable Wash I had to pour the All Purpose Cleaner into another container and make the wash. The All Purpose didn't handle burnt and stuck on messes very well, but then again it isn't an oven cleaner, is it?
Overall I would definitely recommend the Bio+Green products to anyone who wants a natural solution to cleaning. It performs as well as the big-brands but is all-natural and non-toxic. I'm not worried about using products on my dogs' level - they leave things alone. But anyone with a baby will know that starting very early they are curious and a strong urge to chew and lick anything they can get their mouth on. With Bio+Green I won't have to worry about spending more time RINSING his toys than I do cleaning them, just to get the chemicals off.
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (6)
- **FREE $10 credit to Handbags.com and free shippin...
- $5 (possibly FREE) 15oz BPA-free Bottles!
- Fur-rocious Footwear 50% off or more! (as low as $...
- Cute jackets on sale! Get ready for Fall 2011
- Save 50% or more on Stride Rite children's shoes
- $1 off 1 Bodycology product!
- Do you homeschool your children? Win a prize packa...
- Free Chips and Queso at Chili's!
- FREE Sample: Essensa organic face cream
- Learn how to coupon from nationally renowned Jill ...
- FREE Halloween Nail Art (free shipping also!)
- $5 for $30 worth of Halloween items
- 2 Slap Watches for $3 + FS
- Mail Freebies 09/26/11
- Win your ENTIRE registry at Babies R Us - courtesy...
- Babies R Us - $10 rebate!
- Looking for coupons to use online?
- Become a wine connoisseur for FREE!
- Bridesmaids has released and Amazon is giving away...
- FREE $5 Credit for home decor!
- I got a FREE full-size product from the i-Say pane...
- Young Adults (CA/USA) Enter to win $1,000 back to ...
- FREE Virtual Makeover and $3 InStyle Magazine coup...
- PrizeNote - I won..now it's your turn!
- Free Lasik Vision info and evaluation!
- Free Admission to a Museum Saturday 09/24
- Stock up on Hawaiian Tropic sun care for next summ...
- Have back pain? Get a FREE MRI review!
- FREE Wall Decals (FREE Shipping)!
- **HOT Razor and shave gel coupons!!!** Some of the...
- Earn Cash, Prizes, and Free Products!
- Join the Nielsen Home Scan
- Mail Freebies 09/19/11
- $1 off All You Magazine (Smart Shopping Issue)
- 2000 Fan Giveaway - Winners!
- Shopper's Voice $10,000 cash sweepstakes
- Popular Magazines ONLY $5/year! (Cosmo, Seventeen....
- Save $1.50 on Chlorox 2 Stain Fighter and Color Bo...
- FREE Activia Selects yogurt!
- Great CoverGirl make-up deal!
- Win a $1,000 Westfield Mall Shopping Spree!
- Review: Bio Crystals Cleaning Products
- OVER The Nail Shields Deal is back!
- OVER FREE Vinyl Skins for your electronics!
- *COUPON* $1 off Garnier Fructis
- FREE Interactive Online Baby Book
- OVER All-Natural Mahya mineral makeup - FANTASTIC ...
- CouponCabin's Crazy Dayz of Giveawayz
- Sign up for savings from JC Penney
- Synovate is accepting new members *Full Size Sampl...
- Save up to $10 on Kelloggs Products
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 23
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 22
- 20% off clothing at Amazon
- 250 Free Music Downloads
- Free Samples - Updated Daily
- Win a Revlon Flat Iron
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 21
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 20
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 19
- Mail Freebies 09/03/11
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 18
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Rules
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 17
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 16
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 14
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 15
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 13
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 12
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 11
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 10
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 9
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 8
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 7
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 6
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 5
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 2
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 1
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 4
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Prize 3
- Huggies: Earn $25 Commissary Gift Card
- New Giveaways to enter!
- Enter to win $5,000 for sharing your opinion
- Have a cute pet? Win $1,000!
- Mail Freebies 09/01/11
- Style Mint - Free Style Quiz!
- Haute Look - 50-75% off Designer Brands