Tuesday, July 26, 2011
3:21 AM | Posted by Danielle Fouts | | Edit Post
No, I do not mean that you need to worry about the dog's slobbery germs...
I mean that your phone could stop working completely if you do not act fast!
Turn your phone off ASAP! Any electrical charges circulating through your phone could cause it to short out and bust inside if water is inside.
Remove the back and battery of your phone if possible as well as the SIM card if your phone has one. The more you can take apart your phone, the easier and quicker it will dry out.
Put uncooked rice in a bowl and set your phone in it. Rice wicks the moisture away. If you have any of those little silica gel packs laying around, those work great too!
- Do NOT use heat such as a hair dryer or even direct sunlight to dry the phone. This could warp adhesives that keep the board inside your phone working correctly.
- If you feel the need to sanitize your phone after dropping it, you can use an alcohol wipe on the outside.
- Dropping your phone in salt water can do more damage than fresh water because of salt crystals. If you drop it in salt water, be sure to use fresh water to wipe the phone down before drying it out.
Labels: real posts
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (6)
- 2000 Fan Giveaway Sponsors
- Magazine Sweepstakes
- Optical Illusion Fun: Solved
- Optical Illusion Fun
- Everything Pink
- Mail Freebies 07/29/11
- Target and Walgreens trip 7/22/11
- Couponholics Anonymous
- You've dropped your phone in the dog's water..now ...
- Mail Freebies 7/25/11
- Flash Giveaway: Coupon Envelope 7/23
- Totsy - Private Shopping for Moms
- Recycle Bank - Earn Points and Rewards
- Coupon Envelope Giveaway ended 7/23/11
- 1000 Fan Giveaway ended 7/22/11
- What I got in the mail for free 7/11/2011
- Amazon Gift Code Giveaway - How to Play
- Christmas in July Giveaway - SSWP
- Amazon Gift Code Giveaway 7/8/11 at 9pm cst
- Coupon Websites for Beginners
- What I got in the mail FREE 6/29 to 7/3/11
- Amazon Code Giveaway Night - Sponsors
- 1000 Fan Giveaway Sponsors
- $90 worth of products for $20 at Walgreens
- Coupon Envelope Giveaway ends 7/3/11