Thursday, August 4, 2011
10:41 PM | Posted by Danielle Fouts | | Edit Post
Just need something to do?
- Learn a new craft. Take up sewing, crocheting, or even painting and make something for your little one. Sometimes it's really rewarding to make something and get to see it on the wall or even see your little one wearing it. If you don't make something you like, guess what, you found something to fill some time to keep you from being bored for a while and you can move on to something else. Not sure how to start a new craft? Look online - youtube even has a lot of video tutorials, believe it or not.
- Learn and practice yoga or pilates. I can't even start to list all of the benefits here...they never end!
- Learn to cook new dishes. You get two results from this - something to do and something to eat!
- Find a play group for your little one. It also gives you a chance to socialize with other moms.
- Take an online class. Even if you have never attended college or are already a graduate, you can usually enroll in classes at your local community college. They are fairly cheap and there are usually classes available online. You will learn something, keep busy, and even have it to add to a resume if you return to work.
- Go on a walk. My baby loves walks in his stroller! He either falls asleep from the bumpiness of the sidewalk or he enjoys looking around.
Need to make or save money?
- Enter giveaways and sweepstakes. You would not believe how many are out there. Before I started my blog, I did not know what to do with myself and found sweepstakes all over the internet to enter. Eventually I even won some!
- Sign up for coupons and samples. See the photo to the right to see what I got just the other day for free, including a $10 gift card!
- Babysit one or two other children. You will be a lot busier this way but also making money.
- Fill out surveys. My favorites are Opinion Outpost, Toluna, MySurvey, and Synovate. I even have done this while holding my baby in my lap because it only takes one hand to click a mouse.
Have more ideas? Comment on this post and I would love to include them in this list, attributed to you of course.
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (6)
- FREE Jewelry Style Assessment
- Print YOUR Photo on a FREE 8x10 Canvas or $50 towa...
- 2000 Fan Giveaway - CLOSED 09/18/11
- Tweet and get $5 Amazon Instant Video
- My Fav Bloggers
- Mail Freebies 08/26/11
- PROBAR HALO Nutrition Bar Giveaway
- How to help your child be eco-friendly and save mo...
- Laundry: How to Save Money
- Cute CookWear
- Crest Complete Sample
- Redbox Free Rentals
- Win $1,000 Amazon Gift Card
- All Day Giveaways
- PaintShop Pro X3 - 74% off!
- Get free Amazon Beauty Credit up to $15
- Mail Freebies 08/22/11
- Mail Freebies 08/20/11
- Frugal Mama Casting for TLC
- Mail Freebies 08/19/11
- Freebies Coupons and Deals 08/19/11
- Walgreens Huggies Contest
- Mail Freebies 08/18/11
- Mini Coupon Binder Purchase
- Mini Coupon Binder $20
- Mini Coupon Binder
- Mail Freebies 08/13/11
- Win PROBAR Halo bars
- Amazon Baby Products
- Recipe: Carb-Friendly Spaghetti
- Review: Thred Up
- Save up to 90% on Textbooks this Fall
- Review: Bumbo
- Friendrack is REAL!
- Everything Fun in the Sun
- Shop It To Me Review
- Bingo Rules
- Everything Green
- Your kid wants a pet...uh oh?
- Affordable Natural Beauty Care
- Have stay-at-home-mom boredom?
- Mail Freebies 08/04/11
- Win an 8GB Mp3 Player
- New Bloggers - How to Begin
- Giveaway: $25 American Express Gift Card