Friday, August 26, 2011
12:43 AM | Posted by Danielle Fouts | | Edit Post
1) Use less laundry detergent. Unless your clothes are heavily soiled or stained, you do not need the full amount of detergent that the bottle recommends. For most loads, I use half the suggested amount and it works great!
2) Use the energy saver wash setting. Energy saver modes take a little longer and may not work as well on heavily soiled or stained clothing but use less water per load.
3) Use cold water. This will make a difference in your utility bill. Unless your clothing is, again, heavily soiled or stained, you can usually wash your clothing in cold water. This will also help prevent colors from fading.
4) Set your washer to the appropriate load size. The bigger the load size, the more water needed. If you leave your washer set to 'large load' but you only wash a few items, you will be wasting a lot of water.
5) Clean the lint filter before every dryer use. The lint build up can cause the dryer to work harder and even become a fire hazard.
6) Hang dry your clothes on a clothing line outside. This will eliminate any electricity used by the dryer as well as be less harsh on your clothing. If you have major pollen allergies you may want to avoid this.
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (6)
- FREE Jewelry Style Assessment
- Print YOUR Photo on a FREE 8x10 Canvas or $50 towa...
- 2000 Fan Giveaway - CLOSED 09/18/11
- Tweet and get $5 Amazon Instant Video
- My Fav Bloggers
- Mail Freebies 08/26/11
- PROBAR HALO Nutrition Bar Giveaway
- How to help your child be eco-friendly and save mo...
- Laundry: How to Save Money
- Cute CookWear
- Crest Complete Sample
- Redbox Free Rentals
- Win $1,000 Amazon Gift Card
- All Day Giveaways
- PaintShop Pro X3 - 74% off!
- Get free Amazon Beauty Credit up to $15
- Mail Freebies 08/22/11
- Mail Freebies 08/20/11
- Frugal Mama Casting for TLC
- Mail Freebies 08/19/11
- Freebies Coupons and Deals 08/19/11
- Walgreens Huggies Contest
- Mail Freebies 08/18/11
- Mini Coupon Binder Purchase
- Mini Coupon Binder $20
- Mini Coupon Binder
- Mail Freebies 08/13/11
- Win PROBAR Halo bars
- Amazon Baby Products
- Recipe: Carb-Friendly Spaghetti
- Review: Thred Up
- Save up to 90% on Textbooks this Fall
- Review: Bumbo
- Friendrack is REAL!
- Everything Fun in the Sun
- Shop It To Me Review
- Bingo Rules
- Everything Green
- Your kid wants a pet...uh oh?
- Affordable Natural Beauty Care
- Have stay-at-home-mom boredom?
- Mail Freebies 08/04/11
- Win an 8GB Mp3 Player
- New Bloggers - How to Begin
- Giveaway: $25 American Express Gift Card